The month of May is an ideal time to enjoy a Gold Coast getaway and with special offers on accommodation, this May is going to be even better than ever.
Many people prefer the autumn season for their holiday. It is a glorious time of the year. The weather is still warm during the day and the nights are mild; gone is much of the rainfall and with it the high humidity so often experienced in the wet summer months and the kids are back in school.
This means that you can enjoy your days on the Gold Coast to the full and yet theme parks, restaurants and other attractions are all open and less crowded than they often are during the summer holiday season.
During autumn, the beaches are can still be enjoyed and the sea is still at a relatively warm temperature for those who want to swim in the ocean. For less hardy souls, they will find that most resorts have heated pools so that guests can swim all year around.
Autumn is an ideal time to enjoy a round or two of golf on one of our many public courses or spend a leisurely day picnicking at the Gold Coast Botanic Gardens. You can barbecue at one of the numerous parks scattered throughout the Gold Coast City without being hemmed in by the crowds.
Here are some more ideas
- Enjoy a day at the races: the Gold Coast Turf Club will be hosting the Hollindale Stakes on 5 May.
- Spend an evening at the Blues on Broadbeach Music Festival starting from 12 May.
- Enjoy the US Navy 7th Fleet Band, performing in Cavill Mall on 6 May.
- Watch (or participate in) the 6th Annual Gold Coast Cup, over a distance of 43 kilometres it is the longest outrigger canoe race in Australia. Starts on 11 May.
- Take a walk down memory lane at the Gold Coast Heritage Expo and Fair starting on 12 May.
- Find a bargain at the Burleigh Heads Village Market to be held on 6th and 20th May (8am to 1pm) on the Burleigh Heads State School Oval.
- Visit the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show showcasing the best of local, national and international marine design. This is regarded internationally of one of the best of its kind in the Asia/Pacific region.
- Hop a train to Brisbane (SouthBank) and visit the Titanic Exhibition at the Queensland Maritime Musuem (ongoing); while you are there discover all the delights Southbank has to offer including the beach and wading pool, Wheel of Brisbane and the museum and art galleries.
During May we have some extra special accommodation offers that will make it an even merrier month for you. Stay a minimum of three nights and get Wednesday night free of charge. This is on top of the very special discount prices we are offering across a range of accommodation.
Visit our website today and get a little mad in May.