Spring is one of the best seasons to visit the Gold Coast. The weather is warm and sunny and more importantly, there are plenty of events and special activities to enjoy on the Gold Coast in spring.
Whether you’re a local or a holidaymaker, there is absolutely no shortage of things to do on the Gold Coast in spring. So, without any further ado, here are the top 15 things to do on the Gold Coast this spring.
- Watch Australia’s best university athletes in action at the annual Australian University Games from September 24-29. You’ll witness over 8,000 athletes from 42 universities battle it out for glory at Australia’s largest annual multisport event.
- Unite with nature lovers on the Gold Coast at the Botanical Bazaar Gardening Expo on September 3. You’ll find this interactive expo on urban gardening to be a fun, inspiring and educational event. Whether you’re an avid gardener or you’re just planning on starting out, this event is meant for you.
- Drop by Coolangatta Beach from Sep 21-30 to watch Opera Australia’s grand production – Griffith Opera on the Beach. You’ll be treated to a fantastic musical full with glittering costumers, a huge star cast, live fireworks and a wonderful orchestra. Definitely an event worth attending!
- Visit Currumbin Beach between September 8-17 to witness awe-inspiring sculptures at the SWELL Sculpture Festival 2017. Apart from seeing the stunning sculptures, you can take part in interactive yoga sessions, guided twilight walks, live music and special artist talks at this festival.
- Take a guided tour of Tropical Fruit World. You’ll get to taste delicious native fruits including the likes of papayas, paw paws and Australian Macadamias.
- Drop by Duringan Street in Currumbin between October 14-15 to be a part of Buskers by the Creek. You’ll be treated to crafty tunes and live performances at this wonderful street music festival.
- Hit any of the Gold Coast beaches to try your hand at some kitesurfing.
- Watch the countries best ironman compete on the Gold Coast at the Coates Hire Coolangatta Gold. With three races on the day, this event is sure to attract a huge crowd and offer a great day of entertainment.
- Watch the world’s fastest cars battle it out at the Supercars Vodafone Gold Coast 600. The high-octane action at this premier street racing event is sure to get your blood pumping.
- Take a helicopter tour to witness the spectacular beauty of the Gold Coast. The clear skies of spring make it the perfect time to explore the sights and sounds of the hinterland.
- Witness the world’s best golfers in action at the Australian PGA Championship. This premier golfing event will draw in pro golfers and golf lovers from all over the world to the Gold Coast this spring.
- Taste some fine brews at Crafted Festival – a celebration of all things cider and beer! Simply drop by Pratten Park in Broadbeach on November 4 to have a great time!
- Watch some of the finest action sports films at the Radical Reels Film Festival on November 22 at Surfers Paradise.
- Go for early morning walks on any one of the Gold Coast’s beaches. The days are longer in spring, so you can take advantage of an early dawn.
- Try out some water-sports. There are plenty of choices on hand, ranging from diving and snorkelling to jet skiing and kayaking.
As you can see, there’s so much to do on the Gold Coast this spring. So, go ahead and plan your holiday during the months of September, October and November and you’re sure to have a great holiday. Trust me – there’s no better time for it!
For your Gold Coast accommodation needs, look no further than our self-contained holiday apartments here at GCHR. We manage over 65 affordable holiday apartments in Surfers Paradise. And, most of the suggestions I’ve made in this post are located right here in Surfers Paradise. So, should you be heading to the coast this spring, you’ll be find no better location than Surfers Paradise.
Call us at +61 7 5539 8553 to book your accommodation with us today!